The Visa pour l’Image evening shows will cover the main events of the past year, from September 2018 to August 2019.
Wednesday, September 4 to Saturday, September 7: The show will be screened simultaneously at the Théâtre de l’Archipel which will also be the alternative venue in the event of bad weather.
The Visa pour l’Image evening shows will cover the main events of the past year, from September 2018 to August 2019. Every evening, from Monday to Saturday, the program begins with a chronological review of the year’s news stories, two months at a time. This is followed by reports and features on society, conflicts, stories that have made the news and others that have been kept quiet, plus reports on the state of the world today. Visa pour l’Image also presents retrospectives of major events and figures in history. The Visa pour l’Image award ceremonies are held during the evening programs.
Featuring in the 2019 Festival program (subject to change):
News stories of the year across the continents: war, crises, politics, unusual and remarkable events, sport, culture, science, the environment etc.
- Syria, Iraq – The Fall of ISIS
- Venezuela – Economic and political crisis, people fleeing the country
- Brazil – President Bolsonaro and indigenous peoples
- Yemen, Algeria, Libya…
- La Retirada, Spain, 1939
- Consequences of climate change
40th anniversary of the Iranian revolution
- Exodus, Sergey Ponomarev (Kahl Editions)
- The Fire Next Time, Steve Schapiro (Taschen)
- Et Dieu créa… la guerre, Noël Quidu (Lammerhuber)