How to participate
2016 submissions are closed! Please find the rules to submit for 2017!
As a professional photographer, you may wish to have an exhibition at the next Visa pour l'Image Festival or have a report screened as part of an evening program. Here are instructions for submitting a project. For exhibitions and evening screening feature, please send between 50 and 150 photos on ONE SINGLE STORY. You may send more than one story, but each should have a minimum of 50 pictures
- 1 folder by FTP (preferably) or 1 CD of USB key by the post, including your name and complete IPTC information: copyright, caption, date and place.
- PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ! No files are to be received by Wetransfer, except special agreement by us !
- JPEG only. No TIFF or RAW. Please NO videotapes or interactive CDs, shows (.pps, .ppt, .mov, .mpg) and NO .pdf files.
- 1 portrait (a minimum of 1600 pixels high, 150 DPI).
- 1 TEXT (French or English only) PRESENTING THE PROJECT AND INCLUDING YOUR FULL DETAILS (STORIES WITHOUT TEXT CANNOT BE CONSIDERED.)
NB: Minimum file size: 1600 pixels high, 150 DPI. For all formats, the key requirement is a minimum of 1600 pixels HIGH. Huge files cannot be accepted.
SUBMISSIONS NOT MEETING THESE REQUIREMENTS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED. Please note that CDs and USB keys will not be returned.
We wish to emphasize that we are an international festival of photojournalism focusing on news and current affairs. Please, NO art photography or series of portraits.
CD submissions to be sent to:
4, rue Chapon - Bat B
For courier deliveries, entry code on gate: 5726
Tél : +33 1 44 78 66 80
Email : email@example.com
No acknowledgement of receipt will be sent.
FTP submissions in one single zipped file including the photographer’s name.
Pictures sent as multiple FTP uploads will not be accepted.
For security reasons the file disappears after approximately 30 seconds. There is no need to upload it again.
Opening date for submissions for 2017: January 2, 2017
Deadline for the 2017 Festival: March 30, 2017
Information for non-savvy FTP users.
FTP uploading cannot be done via an Internet browser (e.g. Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox). An FTP software program is used, e.g. Cyberduck (Mac or PC) which can be downloaded free of charge. NB Do NOT use special characters/signs (e.g. @, © or accents), or spaces. The name of the file should be firstname-familyname.zip. Please, NO questions on FTP uploading.