Monday, August 29 to Saturday, September 3, 9.45pm at Campo Santo.
And Thursday September 1, Friday September 2 & Saturday September 3: simultaneous screening on the Place de la République (NB no english interpretation on the Place de la République).
In the event of bad weather, there will be no alternative venue.
The Visa pour l'Image evening shows will cover the main events of the past year, from September 2015 to August 2016. Every evening, from Monday to Saturday, the program begins with a chronological review of the year's news stories, two months at a time. This is followed by reports and features on society, conflicts, stories that have made the news and others that have been kept quiet, plus reports on the state of the world today. Visa pour l'Image also presents retrospectives of major events and figures in history. The Visa pour l'Image award ceremonies are held during the evening programs.
Featuring in the 2016 Festival program (subject to change):
- News stories of the year across the continents: war, crises, politics, unusual and remarkable events, sport, culture, science, the environment etc.
- Refugees at the gates of Europe. Immigration across the world
- Conflicts: Syria - Iraq - Turkey - Kurdistan - Yemen - Libya - ISIS
- Ebola, one year on
- The environment & global warming
- U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
- Tributes to David Bowie, Prince...
Afghanistan, Between Hope and Fear - Paula Bronstein
Black Panthers - Stephen Shames
Blousons noirs - Yan Morvan
Mitterrand par les grands photographes - Richard Melloul